Thursday, July 30, 2009

Well today was full of rain! My legs are so caked with road dirt I look like a sand sculpture. I got started at 11 and got 125 miles before it started getting dark. Last night I biked for 16 hrs and I'm totally feeling slow today. Tonight I'm staying with Monica who used to work for the Seattle Y and I must say I'm super excited to crash out.
Todays highlight was pulling over for homemade blueberry icecream in Lake Geneva WI

Time to mend my sore muscles and clean my bike- I'd also like to see a few of the attractions in Chicago.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Mac-- You are really crusin now that you hit the flat land - Portland is just down the road

Kristi said...

Over 2,00 miles down and just over 1,000 miles to go! Can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Mac, Not the snowman but now the sandman. Sorry to hear that you had bad weather, I hope it improves. Lake Shore Dr should be a nice ride, if not during rush hr. Seattle is now a distant speck in your rear view mirror. Phelps set another record in the 200 butterfly. Headline here in paper---McGregor Leads way in Scots Victory--McGregors are winners all around!

Keep on keeping on!

M&D