Tuesday, August 11, 2009

pictures from my camera - not yet posted.

Hi there everyone! I am glad to be back in Seattle and trying to relax. Boston was awesome, but there was just too much to do. So, this may be my last post to direct you all to my photo album online. http://picasaweb.google.com/mcgregorsnow
You can also see some really cool orca whale videos from the week before I left on the trip.

21 days, 3,400 miles = 162 average/day! Never seemed so long, and never ended so abruptly! One moment I was so tired of being lonley on the bike for 3 weeks and after dinner I was being wisked away every which way at great speeds via car.

By far the hardest part of the trip was being by myself for that long. I enjoyed meeting people yet, towards the end I just wanted to collapse into someone's arms and know they would take care of me. Make decisions for me, and make sure I ate. The freedom of the road was nice, but I appreciate some semblance of a daily routine. - I loved eating Subway almost everyday, but man am I glad to be able to open a refridgerator and cook myself something again.

Physically I kept together pretty well, and I am super excited about my upcoming Ironman in 3 weeks. As long as I don't drown during the swim I should do pretty well on the bike. I am not looking forward to any running as I've done zero training!

Thanks again to everyone for following along!

3 comments:

Tony said...

Mac you are a champ!! Would have loved to bike with ya...but i would not have made it out of the state. Thanks for keeping us updated on your trip. Here's to an amazing experience! Hip Hip Hooray!

jenn jenn from eopt said...

great photos! loved all of em! hey i didn't know you liked cottage cheese and peaches!! :D thats the good stuff!! ask kristi she will tell you i eat that at least once a week for lunch .. well cottage cheese and pears or with grapes! :D

anywho, great photos and glad you are back in seattle!

way to go!

Chuck and Susan said...

Mac, way to go! We are so proud of you and tell everyone about our son-in-law (then quickly tell it doesn't run in the family!). Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks.